Excel Chapter 3
- Introduce basic formulas
- Formatting Cells, Rows, Columns and Titles
- Applying basic Formulas and using the copy function
- Creating complex formulas using MIN, MAX, and AVERAGE
- Using various methods to create formulas
Assignments for Excel Unit C
SIDE NOTE----If you do not do the formulas you can only receive HALF Credit!!!
|Assignment # ||Assignment Name ||Page Number ||Link
|1. ||Unit C Chapter Work Part 1 ||Pages EX-168 to EX-203 || No Link Save
|2. ||Unit C Chapter Work Part 2 ||Pages EX-204 to EX-217 || No Link
|3. ||Unit C In the Lab 1--Salioto Auto Parts (Summative) ||Pages EX-234 to EX-235 || No Link
|4. ||Unit C In the Lab 2--Britney's Music ||Pages EX-238 to EX-240 || Click Here
|5. ||Unit C In the Lab 3--RockieView (Summative) ||Pages EX-241 to EX-242 || No Link
The Math & Business Collaboration presented by Ms. G
|Assignment # ||Assignment Name ||Link
Gas and Taxes Spreadsheet
- Open the Gas and Tax Spreadsheet
- We are going to figure out mathematical equations to find: We are going to find values for the formulas based on spending $25 dollars for gas. We will find out how much of the money is spent on taxes and what the cost per gallon is without tax.
- You will learn the formula for figure out how much is spent on taxes for gas
- You will research gas tax for 20 different states (Oregon is the example)
- You will fill out the spreadsheet with the information obtained by you
- This is only a 2 day assignment (200 points).
- You will get 10 points for each state done by Tuesday 11:59 and 59 seconds. Anything turned in later will be only assessed at 70%.
- If you are late with this you can only get 70% no more
- Heads up, to do Part 2 you need to complete part 1.
| Click Here
||Create Your own spreadsheet
You will make a spreadsheet.
- Open the next spreadsheet
- Enter the following headings: State Name, # of Gallons, $ spent on Tax, $ Spent on Gas.
- Enter the Information you obtain from your research
- Enter the Formulas at the bottom across all the columns
- Center the Title and Use Heading 1
- Center the sub headings and use Heading 2
- Change the $ spent on Tax and $ Spent on Gas to Currency
- Add Themes, Fonts, Colors, and effects to make it original
- Due by Thursday at 3 pm, no later
- For those who cannot remember and lack self discipline....text yourself. You need to turn this in by 3 pm on Thursday
| Click Here
|3.||Part 3--Charts, Create Your own charts
You will open to spreadsheet from part 2
- Create a Pie Chart based on the Average row for $ for Taxes & $ for gas Columns
- Create a Bar Chart Based on the States Column & Gallons of Gas
- Create a Bar Chart Based on The Median Info
- Create Bar Chart Based on Standard Deviation
- CreateColumn Chart Based on States & $ Amount of Taxes
- Create Column Chart Based on States & $ Amount of Gas
- Create a Histogram Chart Based on the States and the # of Gallons
- Create a Histogram Chart Based on the $ of Tax
- Add a Sheet (Click The Plus sign at the Bottom), and Create Line Charts Based on the Highest Row
- Create a Line Chart Based on Lowest Row
- Create a Sunburst Chart Based on States and $ of Gas
- Add a Totals row above the Average Row and Create a Line Chart based on the totals of the 3 Columns and Add it to the sheet you created
- You must Add some legends to 3 of the charts
- You must re-color 6 of the charts
- You must use different designs other that the originial on all charts
- You must have titles on 5 of the charts
- You will add 2 more Formula Rows; One for Average Deviation, and Geometric Mean
- Create the Formulas for Average Deviatiion and GeoMetric Mean
- In Column F add in YOUR OWN WORDS what Mode, Median, Standard Deviatiion, Average Deviatiion, and GeoMetric Mean. A definition that a 7th grade student would understand.
- This is Due Monday Night 11:59 pm.
- Highest grade after that is 70% after that time that was stated above. So read above and text yourself.
| No Link
Vacation Assignment November
What you need to turn into me by Thanksgiving
- You need to Create a Spreadsheet with 25 cities including the following information(Example of the Spreadsheet)
- Part 1--Find the Names of the 25 Cities around the world you might want to go for your 2 week Vacation
- Part 2-- After your find the cities; Find the Airfare From Portland (PDX) to the city your are going to. (Travelocity, or Orbitz, or Priceline). You should choose the month of February for the next year. Use the dates 1st to the 15th is when you will be flying, also you will always fly out of Portland, OR (Airport code: PDX)
--->Example of The Back Up Document for Airfare. Backup Example for Airfare
- Part 3 --Find the Hotel Room. (14 nights, use Hotels.com or Travelocity, or hotwire....etc.). Dates are February 1st to the 15th.
--->Example of The Back Up Document for Hotel Room. Backup Example for Hotels
- Part 4--Find Car Rentals(Use Avis or Budget or Hertz......) You might also have to look up taxi service in those cities that do not rent cars. Use Google as the source.
- Part 5-- Find the Cost of Meals(Examples of a Google Search for this). Here is a Great Website that Fatima Found for Costs for Meals Budget Your Trip Website
- Part 6--Find Entertainment-- Find at least 5 places you want to visit in each city and list it or add pics on the backup document.PLEASE make this number up based on Clothes Shopping, Tip Money, coffee, tickets, Presents, etc.....
--->Example of The Back Up Document for Entertainment. Backup Example for Entertainment
- Part 7--Use the Sum Function to find the Totals for each city
Due November 20th--90% After this date for Part 1. Then 80% in December and 70% in January.
Vacation Assignment Spreadsheet Examples
Below are examples of This Assignment
Vacation Assignment Part 2--Due December 4th Open for Directions for Part 2 of the Vacation Assignment
--->Example of Vacation Excel Spreadsheet with Part 2 Completed Click here (Courtesy of G.L.M)